Saturday 13 September 2014

Baked Chicken with Vegetables

There are days for me when I feel like making something for dinner that is both scrumptious and of course easy to make. That is when my recipe for baked chicken is a life saver for me.
Now, when it comes to baking.. I get pretty lazy. I just don't want to spend hours preparing a baked meal. I mean it is okay doing it sometimes, but not always. So, I have some of my own versions of baking recipes. Using them which I make perfect meals without putting in much effort - and this dish is one of those recipes.
This is a recipe that you can enjoy with your family and friends. Be it a lazy Sunday or a weekday, I make this dish very often. And let me tell you, if you are new at cooking and want to impress people, then you can definitely make this dish and gain a lot of praise.



INGREDIENTS: 

6 pieces             Chicken (thighs, drumsticks & breast)
6 large                Potatoes
6 large                Onions
2 -3                    Carrots
1 whole              Garlic
2 large                Lemons
4 - 5                   Green chilies
1 - 2 tbsp            Dried or fresh rosemary
1 - 2 tbsp            Dried or fresh thyme
1 tbs                   Crushed pepper
1 tsp                   Black pepper
3 - 4 tbsp            Olive oil


METHOD:

1. Wash chicken and pat it dry. In a small bowl mix all the herbs, spices and salt. Squeeze the lemon juice and 2 to 3 table spoon of olive oil in it. Mix the marinade well.
2. Using a brush, coat the chicken individually with the herb and spice mixture. If you have time marinate it for 2 hours. It will help the chicken to be more moist once it is baked. But if you don't have time, just move on to the next step. (The chicken would still be pretty tender)
3. In a baking dish, put your potatoes, carrots and onions. Cut the potatoes and carrots in wedges, so that they cook faster. Add in whole peeled garlic cloves and whole green chilies.
4. Season the vegetables will salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme as per your taste. Drizzle olive oil generously. Now add in the chicken along with the vegetables and bake it for minimum 60 minutes on 180 C temperature. (Note that every oven takes different timing. Bake the chicken till it is cooked through)
5. Serve the dish with plain rice boiled in chicken stock. Bon appetit!





No comments:

Post a Comment